Stress-Free Refinancing in Fort Myers and Naples
Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. can help you with one of the more important financial decisions in your life: refinancing. We help clients in Fort Myers and Southwest Florida find ways to better manage their monthly mortgage payments without putting a strain on their quality of life.
Being locked into a high mortgage rate can place a heavy financial burden on homeowners. Having a first and second mortgage can also be difficult to manage. If it has become difficult to make your monthly mortgage payments, or if you’re looking to lower your mortgage rate, there are various options for you to consider.
Our team of mortgage experts is here to help. We understand the refinance mortgage market of Fort Myers and can help you find solutions to make your mortgage more manageable. Refinancing can be a great way to alleviate the financial burden you are feeling. When reviewing refinance options with you, we will assess factors such as maturity dates, interest rates, and mortgage terms to make sure we’re helping you make the best decision in both the short and long term.
Key Features of a Refinance
- A lower interest rate on your mortgage or a lower term
- Pay significantly less in interest payments
- Switching to a fixed-rate mortgage-or to an adjustable-rate mortgage can make sense depending on the rates and how long you plan to remain in your current home.
- Tapping equity or consolidating debt
- Make home improvements that could build equity in your home
- Your name must be on the title of your home for a minimum of six months if you have a conventional mortgage, jumbo loan or VA loan and want to do a cash-out refinance. You’ll likely need to wait between six months and a year for a cash-out refinance after you buy a property with an FHA loan.
- Credit Score: Most lenders require a credit score of 620 in order to refinance to a conventional loan. According to FHA guidelines, you must have a minimum credit score of 580 to qualify for an FHA cash-out refinance. Most FHA-insured lenders, however, set their own limits higher to include a minimum score of 600-620. The VA loan program offers a refinance streamline program as well, called an Interest Rate Reduction Loan (IRRL). An IRRL doesn’t require a minimum credit score.
- You should have at least 20% equity in your home if you want to refinance. If your equity is under 20% and if you have a good credit rating, you may still be able to refinance, but your lender my charge you a higher interest rate or have you take out mortgage insurance.
Genuine Customer Service
Finding the right home loan is one of the most important financial decisions you can make. This is why we strive to educate our clients and go over specific details when looking into refinancing and mortgage options. Talk to one of our expert loan officers today if you’re looking to refinance your mortgage. We will listen to the goals you have and help you evaluate what program(s) would be the best fit for you.